California Consumer Privacy Act
1. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY – Your Rights and Choices
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
a. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
As a resident of the State of California, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you regarding our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information;
- The categories of third-parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); and
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose.
b. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
c. Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by Calling us at (619) 294-3700.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
d. Response Timing
We strive to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require additional time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Written responses will be provided based upon the information you provide.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by California law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.